Indian Recipes : Rice : Zeera Rice
JEERA PULAO RECIPE
1 cup Long Grain (Basmati) Rice
2 cups Water
11/2tsp Cumin seeds(jeera)
salt to taste
2 Bay leaves
Few whole Black pepper
1 Black Cardamom
How to make jeera pulao (rice):
- Clean and wash rice. Wash and drain rice 2-3 times and soak in water
for 15-10 minutes.
- Heat oil and add cumin seeds (jeera), bay leaf, cardamom, whole black
pepper and cloves.
- When Cumin seeds are done add the rice and salt, mix well.
- Add water.
- When it starts boiling low down the flame of the gas and cover it
- Keep an eye, rice will be done when holes appear on the surface and
water is completely absorbed.
- Serve the jeera pulao hot with any gravies or raita.