1/4 cup Basmati rice
1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
1/4 cup Green gram split (moong dal)
Asafoetida a pinch
5 tbsps Pure ghee
2 tbsps Fresh coriander leaves (chopped)
Salt to taste
- Wash and soak the wheat, green gram split and rice separately for
half an hour and mix.
- Heat three tablespoons of ghee, add cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- Add the drained grains and saute for three to four minutes.
- Add five cups of water, salt and pressure cook till two whistles.
- Lower the heat and cook for another five minutes.
- Serve garnished with chopped coriander leaves and the remaining ghee.