How To Make Paneer
Paneer is very useful for different vegetarian recipe. We can make various tasty recipes from Paneer. In this post we will know, how to make paneer at home. Let’s start with the Ingredients.
Ingredients for Paneer
1 litre Milk
11/2tsp vinegar or 1/2tsp lemon juice or citric acid
How to Prepare Paneer
- Boil the milk in a pan.
- When it’s boiling add lemon juice or vinegar or citric acid which ever you are using, while stirring.
- If citric acid is being used, dissolve it in 2-tbsp water before adding.
- When milk curdles full turn off the gas and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Pour it on to a cotton/muslin cloth and tie it with a tight knot.
- When all the water is drained from the paneer shape it into a rectangular block.
- Now place the cloth under heavy weight for 2-3 hours before using it.
Note: Do not throw away the leftover water as it can be used for kneading chapati or paratha dough