How To Make Homemade Khoya Recipe
Khoya is very useful for different dessert recipes. Here we will make Homemade Khoya Recipe, which is very clean and natural if you compared with market’s Khoya.
Ingredients for Homemade Khoya
5 cups Milk
Juice of 2 lemons(optional)
Preparation for Khoya Recipe
- Bring the Milk to boil in a heavy bottom saucepan.
- Reduce the heat and continue cooking at simmering point. Keep stirring so that milk does not stick to the base of the pan.
- As milk gets thicker stir more vigorously. The khoya is cooked when the milk is reduced to a thick, dry lump and it has stopped sizzling.
- Remove from the pan and leave it to cool. Use within fortnight.
- For more stylish khoya add lemon juice after the milk has boiled so that the milk coagulates. Then proceed as before. This type of khoya is particularly used for Burfi.